Thursday, March 13, 2014

Caroline Styles #5




Photographs by Caroline

"Hello again! I don't know about you, but I am certainly sick of this weather! Sure, I like to look out the window while it's snowing, drink hot chocolate by the fireplace, and all the usual wintertime activities. However, I just really want to bust out my spring dresses and be able to put flowers in my hair! In the meantime, I settled for this old coat that I found the other day. This coat was actually mine when I was really young (I mean like 3 or 4, and yes, I don't know how it fits me either). It used to be a full length coat, but now it's a short coat! I am really in love with the bright red color, the velvet peter pan collar, the little embroidery, and the buttons (basically the entire coat). I only thought it suitable to center my outfit around the coat, so I paired with with a blue velvet dress (also from my childhood), a straw hat, some vintage oxfords, and my Miffy earrings. This outfit is a cry to mother nature for springtime to come NOW! Tata for now!"

-----------

YEAH, bring on that spring, girl! I'm crying out to mother nature too, can you hear me? Now you're using your very own vintage, that's smart. Like a friend of mine used to say: you gotta shop your own closet.

Caroline is one of Chicago Looks fabulous collaborators - see her previous contributions hereherehere and here. More coming soon, stay tuned!
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig