Friday, March 3, 2017

Breanna

chicago street style fashion





Lovely Locks
Breanna Swayze was visiting from Olympia, Washington and had about twenty-four hours to explore Chicago.
How would you describe your style?
My style changes from time to time. I really like being comfortable and I like baggier clothes. I have been known to wear a lot of bright colors and mix a lot of patterns in interesting and different ways.
Who and what inspires you?
Recently, my inspiration has been Alice Walker, Solange Knowles, and my cat, Princess Cauliflower.

Do you dress differently when you’re not backpacking? 

When I’m not backpacking I will definitely dress more daring or “stylish.” When I’m backpacking I’ve got to think ahead about what I’m going to do and make sure I will be comfortable all day.

How long have you had your dreadlocks? Why did you decide to do them?

I’ve had my dreadlocks for four years. The idea of having dreadlocks was something I’ve had in my head for a long time. Once my dad suggested that I get dreadlocks when I was young, and my mom was not down! Like most mixed girls, I struggled with what to do with my hair and in high school a friend of mine helped me start my dreadlocks.

What garment do you own you can’t live without?

I like to be warm so I have a few sweaters that kind of go with everything that I wear really often. I also love scarves especially since I have moved to Washington.

Did you find any specially cool stores here?

I didn’t do much shopping but I went into the Walgreens in Wicker Park and I thought that was the most beautiful convenience store I have ever been in.
Originally posted in Newcity.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig