Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Dani

chicago street style fashion blog




The flamingo kid

Dani McGowan, the 18-year-old ballet dancer behind the fashion blog Mermaid Waves, often looks like a living doll. She says she was treated like one from childhood, with her mother dressing her in multiple outfits a day. "I was raised to be interested in fashion," she says. "When I was old enough to pick out my own clothes, I could be seen at the grocery store rocking a tutu and my favorite Barbie water shoes." These days, in her role as a trend spotter, McGowan "fields a lot of fashion-emergency texts. I feel like helping people feel confident in what they are wearing is my calling," she says. "If you can put it on, you can pull it off!"

Originally published in the Chicago Reader.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig