Friday, March 17, 2017

Lissa

chicago street style fashion blog





Layer Away

Fashion, fitness and travel blogger Lissa Kahayon (@lissakahayon) was visiting the Garfield Park Conservatory.
Could you tell me more about each item in your outfit? 
Not sure if you can tell but I am actually wearing a ton of layers underneath! I get cold so easily, so I am having a difficult time adjusting to winter. I am wearing three thermals on top, one black turtleneck and the yellow turtleneck, two thermals on the bottom and these green pants, thigh-high boots and a long old rose-colored blazer. The yellow top is actually one of my best fashion finds because I got it at a thrift store for only a dollar! The blazer is from Forever 21 and the green pants were given to me by a good friend. The Gucci bag is a current favorite and I’ve been using it almost every day since I got it a few months ago.
Why did you decide to become a fashion blogger? 
It started as a hobby when I was in college because I wanted to document my outfit every single day. I didn’t know that people would eventually come to read my blog, and I’m so thankful that it became a full-time job.
Who are some of your favorite personal style bloggers, and why? 
Song of Style, Chriselle Lim, Margo and Me and Julia Engel. I love their fashion sense and I love following their travel adventures around the world.
Do you think fashion can make the world better?
Yes, I’d like to think so. Fashion is more than just looking good, it’s also doing good. For example, fashion can be used as a means to voice out opinions or social issues. Or fashion can make the world better through means of using eco-friendly materials to produce a garment.
Originally published in Newcity.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig