A message from one of my favorite vintage and local designer shops, Dovetail:
LINDSAY LEWIS TRUNK SHOW THIS WEEKEND
We are SO EXCITED to host local designer Lindsay Lewis this weekend! How excited, you ask? JESSE SPANO EXCITED! Except without the pills. The opening party is from . Drinks, snacks, and 15% off all vintage. Scroll to the end of this email to see more pictures. But first, let's talk for a minute about why we love Lindsay's work. Even better--let's make a top 10 list!
1. It's locally handmade! Now more than ever, it's important to support local artists.
2. It's affordably priced. With items starting at $18 and most items under $100, it's super easy to treat-yo-self or someone you love.
3. It's inspired by vintage modernist jewelry. As fans of vintage jewelry, it's hard to find contemporary jewelry we like! Lindsay's work draws from modernist and Bauhaus designs and speaks to vintage aesthetics.
4. It's geometric and architectural. Who doesn't like a well-designed cluster of shapes?
5. You can dress them up or dress them down. Wear them with a t-shirt and jeans or with your favorite LBD.
6. Each piece looks great on it's own or layered with other pieces. Seriously, cover your hands in 20 rings or just wear one of them.
7. They'll fit right in with the rest of your brass or geometric jewelry. Don't you just hate it when you have a piece of jewelry that doesn't match the rest of your jewelry? You're not going to have to worry about that with this collection.
8. Her unique pieces make subtle statements. We all love the way Iris Apfel makes a statement with her jewels. But sometimes, you don't want to channel Iris. This is the opposite of Apfelian (yes we did just make up that word) hit-you-over-the-head, shock-your-senses statement jewelry. This is more like a subtle unique design that draws the viewer close to see what you're wearing.
9. Some of the items are one-of-a-kind, which means no one else will have them! In this age of mass manufacturing, how often can you truly say NOBODY HAS THIS THING THAT I HAVE!
10. You can see them all in person at Dovetail this weekend! Touch them, try them on, take a selfie in them and ask all your IG followers to vote on whether you should buy them or not. Interact with the pieces IRL. And meet the woman who made them!
We're kicking off the weekend-long trunk show with a night opening party from . Meet the artist while enjoying drinks and snacks. The trunk show (sans artist, drinks, and snacks) will continue through .
Can make it but really want something? Just give us a call! 312 508 3398