Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Sew Anastasia - Learning to Sew with Anastasia Chatzka Part 3

Designer Anastasia Chatzka teaches me how to put the zipper on my circle skirt.

Putting the "circle" in the circle skirt: I sewed the waist with long stiches then gathered the fabric along the waist.
Iris is a very important element in Anastasia's sewing class - she is there for support and inspiration in every step of the way.

On my third class with fashion designer Anastasia Chatzka I learned how to sew a zipper on my denim circle skirt. It's much easier than I expected, but the process does have a few small tricks. I'm glad I had her by my side guiding me - I don't think I'd be able to do it on my own.

Then we used the large stitch setting in the sewing machine all around the waist. After that I gathered the waist of the circle skirt manually, sliding the fabric through the stitches until it looked as uniform as possible. It took me some time to get the gathering right, but again: it's not rocket science. Sewing is decidedly fun, and a great activity to do in good company - I know I really enjoyed Iris's occasional appearance and the pleasant chatting in the studio.

See what happened in my previous lessons here and here.

Get more info about Anastasia Chtazka's lessons at Sew Anastasia, and also check out her very instructive YouTube sewing channel.

OH AND ANASTASIA CHATZKA IS HAVING A FASHION SHOW AT THE SUBTERRANEAN TONIGHT!! More info here!
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig