Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wyll







True Self
Factor Chosen Chicago wardrobe stylist Wyll Martinez (@_rebelstyle_) was running errands for a campaign shoot.

How would you describe your look?
This is my version of casual rock 'n' roll. I love being influenced by music and mixing pieces that I believe showcase the musicians that influence me. For me, music and fashion go hand in hand.

You match textures and prints masterfully. How do you do that?
I love and have always loved mixing patterns, textures and prints! To be honest, I just mix loud pieces with something that is subtle. I try not to think too much about it, try to keep it all balanced.

What was the best style advice you've ever heard?
The best style advice I have ever heard would be... hmm.. I don't have one. I feel a person should really try to have fun with their style and remember fashion shouldn't be taken so seriously. So, have fun and take some risk!

What do you want people to think when they look at you?
I really want people to think of my style as confidence.

What makes you wanna get up and look your best?
That would be simply: be me. I love to dress for myself. I couldn't imagine having to wear a uniform and feeling that my true self isn't being shown. I'm lucky to be able to work in the fashion industry and dress the way I want and feel that way.

Originally published in Newcity.

© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig