Thursday, May 12, 2016

Nakea


Chic Chicago: Interviews With Style (Bloggers)
In this series we will be featuring some of the movers and shakers of our fashion culture. We’re starting with the best-dressed ladies of the local blogosphere.

Nakea Laveé

Why did you start blogging?
I've worked in social justice my entire career and when I realized that I had bookmarked just as many fashion sites as political sites, I figured it was time to explore that side of myself.

What do you love most about blogging?
I appreciate the mental exercise. The blog provides a space to examine why I wear what I wear and what it is I love about certain pieces.

Style influences?
I am influenced by women with distinctive, fearless style; women like Michelle Elie, Yasmin Sewell, Preetma Singh, Julia Sarr Jamois, Caroline de Maigret and Lily Gatins.

Styling and shopping tips?
Wear what you love. And you can never have too many jackets.


Originally published in Newcity.



© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig