Thursday, April 21, 2016

Marcela






Feel the Mood

Fashion designer Marcela Andrade (@ma_zinha) was on her way to a meeting in West Town.

How do you usually style yourself? What’s your process, where do you start?
It might seem a little cliché, but I think I start from the way I feel and the mood of the day. Then I take a look at my closet and pick out an item that really speaks to me, and build a look around it.

What do clothes mean to you? When and why did you start paying attention to them?
Clothes mean fun, expression and versatility. They can convey who you are or who you’d like to be on a given day. I think I started being mindful of clothing when I was five years old and my grandma gave me an armoire filled with these gorgeous dresses she sewed for me.

What are the elements that make a great outfit?

Knowing oneself—very deep, I know. But I think when you know yourself you end up figuring out what shapes and colors work best for you. And also not being afraid to dare a bit and try something new.


Who are your favorite designers at the moment?
There are so many! Dries van Noten is an all-time favorite, but right now I’m also loving Alessandro Dell’Acqua for No 21 and Cine 732, a Brazilian accessory brand.

What inspires you the most?

People and how they relate to their environment, art, music and fashion. More of my inspirations can be seen at pinterest.com/boardnumberone.

What magazines and fashion websites are you into right now?
Lula Magazine (from England), Teen Vogue, Vogue Japan and Apartamento (a Spanish arts and culture magazine). Now with Pinterest and Instagram I don’t really check out websites anymore…

What do you expect to bring to your customers?
Versatility, practicality and fun!

Marcela’s line of embellished T-shirts will soon be available at boardnumberone.com.

Originally published in Newcity.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig