Thursday, April 25, 2013

Josh Illustrates #2







When it comes to photographing, the golden rule does not apply to me: even though I'm always bugging people for a shot, I highly dislike being on the other side of the camera. When Alanna invited me to come to an illustration session with Josh Crow I said yes right away because I love his work, but deep down I felt a bit iffy about modeling. One click lasts a second and it's already kind of a torture, let alone being observed for over half an hour.

I think the reason why I dread photos is because I almost never like the results. With Josh's illustrations it was quite the opposite: I wanted to become exactly like the fluid, elegant images he created. Plus the way he looks at you is totally disarmed and non-judgmental, which was very refreshing. And in the meantime hearing Alanna talk about her favorite designers was the perfect icing on my fashionable cake. YUM!


Josh Crow is feautured regularly on Chicago Looks, check out his first column here. See more of Alanna Zaritz and Josh Crow's fruitful collaboration in their blog, Drawn and Coutured.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig