Sunday, April 10, 2011

Modahnik by Kahindo Mateene


When I attended the Chicago Fashion Incubator party a few weeks ago I met Bianca Alexander, from Conscious Living TV. She was wearing a dress by Kahindo Mateene, one of the designers that had just been accepted in the Chicago Fashion Incubator program. Her creations could also be seen on the models - and they captured my attention right away. I loved both their bold bright African prints and their modern but very "curve friendly" shape.

Bianca just sent me this video about Modahnik and Kahindo's admirable work in Africa. Her garments are not just beautiful, but beautifully made. Learn more about her here and see more style programs from Conscious Living TV here.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig