Friday, November 10, 2017

Sara

chicago street style fashion





Knit wit 

"Disco folk" is how Sara Basgall describes her retro-leaning statement look. "I'm very inspired by Turkish psych, folk, and disco," she says. A parallel source of inspiration for her, not surprisingly, is the 1960s and '70s, which she became infatuated with during childhood while delving into her dad's large vinyl collection and through mixtapes he used to make for her. Basgall's house is filled with 70s-style textiles that she's made. "I take the projects with me on the go and work on them while waiting at the doctor's office or hanging out at a friend's house," she says. "I feel all the walls in a room need to be acknowledged and given a personal touch. I decorate all of my walls in my apartment. Every room has an area rug on the floor and wall rugs I've made by hand." The exception, she says, is the bathroom, "which is filled with plants."

Sara shows her tapestries in her colorful home - 70s feel, new-millennium colors:




Originally published in the Chicago Reader.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig