Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Jena of ChiCityFashion

Photograph by Heather Talbert / Courtesy of ChiCityFashion 

Chic Chicago: Interviews With Style (Bloggers)
In this series we will be featuring some of the movers and shakers of our fashion culture. We’re starting with the best-dressed ladies of the local blogosphere.

Jena Gambaccini of ChiCityFashion
chicityfashion.com
Instagram: @chicityfashion

Blogging since? December 2009

Why did you start blogging? I liked fashion and I was bored in college and long story short… ChiCityFashion was born.

What do you love most about blogging? The freedom to write about what I want, when I want is great and all. But I love when a reader tells me about a certain post they read that really inspired them or that they especially enjoyed. Whether it’s in person or simply a blog comment, it means the world to me.

Favorite fashion blogs and magazines? I read more fashion news websites like The Cut, Fashionista, WhoWhatWear and the online versions of Elle, Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar. I really enjoy magazines with super-unique editorials like Wonderland, AnOther, and CR Fashion Book. I also love newer publications Majestic Disorder and Collective Quarterly.

Style influences? Definitely travel. Even if the style in that particular city isn’t really my style, I love to see how people dress in different cities. Everything from all black and grungy in Berlin to effortless and chic in Paris—it all inspires me! Also Julia Sarr-Jamois is my spirit animal.

Styling and shopping tips? Don’t wear what you don’t feel comfortable in. There’s a fine line between taking a risk and just feeling completely not like yourself. When you’re confident in what you’re wearing, it shows and it’s great! As for shopping, don’t invest in anything too trendy (I’ve learned this the hard way). It’s sometimes difficult to figure out what trends are going to stick around or disappear so be sure to only invest in things you’d love regardless of its trend status. And when shopping at fast fashion stores, this is where you’ll find the trends, but be careful: you don’t want to get too caught up in them. or what I like to call #trendsontrendsontrends.

Originally published in Newcity.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig