Monday, May 12, 2014

Alanna Picks #13: Rose Mae





photographs by Alanna Zaritz

Chicago Looks is lucky to count on the sharp eye of Drawn and Coutured's Alanna Zaritz for a very special collab. Here she gets to share all the mad style she comes across while hanging out at the coolest places - such as the Museum of Contemporary Art, where she currently works. 

Read below what fashion designer Rose Mae Turner had to say:

What inspired your look this morning?
I was inspired by my pink hair and have been gravitating towards black, navy, and slate colored wardrobe staples lately, accenting with bright accessories and pastel makeup.

Do you have any style or design icons?
I've been a fan of Raquel Reed, Audrey Kitching, and Chloe Norgaard's vividly striking locks for awhile now. I love the use of color, pattern, and texture by fashion designers Custo Barcelona, Cynthia Rowley, and Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel… but I have many favorite designers. 

What do you do for work and fun?
I work 3 part time jobs, but for fun, I will go to coffee shops daily, and museums and galleries as often as possible.  Bike rides to the beach and going running through Chicago's neighborhoods are also on the top of my list of fun activities. On weekends I style shoots and attend fashion events, but I also frequent dance parties. Sometimes I'll get a craving to just stay home to sketch and sew. I like my alone time to create, too.

What are you looking forward to this Spring?
I'm looking forward to having my line, Rosina~Mae in a few Chicago boutiques. It's been a long road! My line will be for sale this summer on 19thamendment.co.  My Spring/Summer 2014 collection, "Pixelated", was inspired by pixels.

Do you hold to any sartorial rules?
My only rule is that I'm consistently inconsistent by choice. I like to mix things up and change my look often. I stay away from routines and tend to try new things often.

Do you find yourself dressing around the color of your hair?
Yes! I am also constantly craving pink things and becoming inspired by my new look. Someone told me my hair looked like cotton candy and that certainly made my day. It also made me hungry for some.
Rosina-Mae, Rose Mae Turner's line,  will be for sale this summer on 19thamendment.co.
Interview and photographs by Alanna Zaritz of Drawn and Coutured
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig