Friday, November 1, 2013

Alanna Picks #4: Nick





Chicago Looks is lucky to count on the sharp eye of Drawn and Coutured's Alanna Zaritz for a very special collab. Here she gets to share all the mad style she comes across while hanging out in the coolest places - such as the Museum of Contemporary Art, where she currently works. 

Read below what Nick Stephens had to say:

1. What inspired your look today? What does it mean to you?
It was cold outside so I wanted to wear a sweater. I wasn't feeling particularly inspired so I wore mostly black. I wanted to wear a hat or a scarf but not both because it wasn't that cold so instead I wore my drawstring hood/neck wrap thing. It began to mean a lot more to me once you asked me about it.

2. Who is your fashion icon?
The women I see at Museum of Contemporary Art. 

3. Are you working on any creative projects?
I wish. I've been building some things for my apartment, creating new storage spaces, moving, and reimagining my closet. Perfecting my chicken pot pie recipe.

4. How would you describe your style?
I have a hard time committing to a look, so I usually wind up mixing opposites. Today was hard/soft. Common ones are preppy/punk, business/party, tight/loose. 98% of my clothes are thrifted or gifted. I love dressing monochromatic. Wearing colors puts me in a good mood.

5. Which element of your outfit is most special to you, and why?
My jacket. It was a gift and I'll never get rid of it.

Photographs and interview by Alanna Zaritz of Drawn and Coutured
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig