Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Abby Styles, Sketches, Doodles, Paints...


WILL DO!
 
From now on Chicago Looks is proud to present a collaboration with some of the city's most stylish inhabitants, who will be sharing their views on all things aesthetic. Today is Abby Nierman's turn

The first time I saw Abby was during my photo exhibit last year. I was immediately impressed by her great style. Since then she has been a regular on this blog - she even did a week-long special for Chicago Looks (check it out here).

But she's not just a pretty face and a fabulous dresser: she is also a very talented photographer. She recently got a Scholastic National Art and Writing Award for Photography (see her winning shot "Dino in the Window" here). Head to her Flickr and Tumblr to see more of her inspiring world and follow her on Instagram @mynameisabbyybba

This is how Abby describes herself:

"I'm Abby Nierman. I am a super fan of simple things. Using snapshots, doodles, and fashion, I like to bring emphasis to life's little goodies.

I take a lot of photos. Photography is my main squeeze. Never without a camera, I go through rolls of film and gigabytes of files quicker than the average highschool senior. I quite literally take pictures of everything around me, anything or anyone I want to remember or I feel can tell a good story. I work as a portrait photographer and I am just getting started in the world in professional photography. In between photos and homework, I try new fashion styles, doodle on all my papers, and try as many watercolor techniques as possible. I try to keep the world around me creative and fun through new hair colors, photoshoots, thirfting trips, and everything along the winding path.
 
I'm 17 years old (soon to be 18!) and living in the [not so exciting] northwest suburbs. I take the train down to the city as frequently as possible to visit my sister, attend neat events, try new foods, shop around, and explore my favorite city."

 
 YOU GO GIRL!
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig