Thursday, October 13, 2016

Samantha

chicago street style fashion



Samantha Smyser (@itsyagurlsam) was on her way to a music festival.

How would you describe your style?
A combination of urban street wear, modern glamour and Latina chic.
What was your first thought when you picked out this outfit?   
While getting dressed I was really thinking about being comfortable and practical. I knew it would be warm out, especially in crowds of people, but might cool down at night—so I put on a comfortable Adidas sports bra with a pair of Topshop boyfriend jeans. The jeans are low rise so I added a little something by wearing red Calvin Klein boxers. It was supposed to rain all weekend, so I decided to wear my Timberlands which are not only classic, but also waterproof.
How do you know your look is ready to hit the streets?
When everything is correctly fitted, I feel comfortable and confident.
Who influences your wardrobe?
My wardrobe takes inspiration from a few different people and places. I’m very interested in Latin culture, urban aesthetics, as well as men’s fashion and iconic timeless styles. Although you will often catch me in all black, I like to play with vibrant colors, feminine silhouettes and menswear brands.
If you could have any accessory or garment for free, what would you choose?
It would definitely be a timeless quilted Chanel bag.
What does fashion mean to you?
In my opinion, fashion is art and expression. Fashion is the way that you carry and present yourself.  You don’t have to be rich to have a fashion sense, but taking an interest in how you look just let’s people know that you are self aware and competent
.
Originally published in Newcity.
© CHICAGO LOOKS | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig