Friday, May 30, 2014
Chicago Alternative Comics Expo, a total must-go! I'm dying to get prints by Brett Manning for only 5 bucks... More info here.
Copernicus Brown was shot by Alanna Zaritz
Chicago Looks is lucky to count on the sharp eye of Drawn and Coutured's Alanna Zaritz for a very special collab. Here she gets to share all the mad style she comes across while hanging out at the coolest places - such as the Museum of Contemporary Art, where she currently works.
Ace da Vinci was hanging at LVL3 gallery during the opening of There is a screen.
Ace designed his own necklace, a line called SmartMouf. He also just dropped a video to his song "Star Trek", check it out:
Definitely no time for him to rest! ; )) By the way, here's an event he's promoting next weekend:
Thursday, May 29, 2014
Now on the street: Chicago Looks exhibit on Damen just north of Wabansia, close to the Damen blue line.
Nakea was shot in the first Chicago Looks + Elastic Arts Spring Swap - see more pictures here. By the way, I've been bugging her to start a personal style blog, and she promised me once she has over 50 followers on Instagram she'll do it. If you like fashion I'd encourage you to follow her, see why below:
When I'm right I'm right... ; )) Follow Nakea @nakealavee
YES IT WAS MAJOR!!! If you missed it, don't be bummed: we'll have one every year! Special thanks to everyone who came out (what an awesome crowd!) and this top crew:
- Jewelry and housewares designer Leah Ball
- Vintage boutique Kokorokoko
- Stylists Sasha Hodges and Drawn and Coutured's Alanna Zaritz
- Artist Brett Manning (stay tuned for our fab collab line of T-shirts, canvas bags and buttons, COMING SOON!)
- Scottie McNiece of Uncanned Music (DREAMY TUNES!)
- Angel's Envy Bourbon (DREAMY BOOZE!)
- Elastic Arts Foundation for providing that great space
- Ben Remsen who organized a parallel record swap, and Natalia Smirnov and Kaitlin who provided a cool template for our event, plus a bunch of leftovers from their own swap
- Kyra Termini, whose swap I missed motivated me to do this
THANKS Y'ALL! Save more for next year!